When I stepped on the scale this morning, I saw the number 12x for a second while I stood on the scale. It’s the first time I’ve seen that number with both feet on the scale in 6 or 7 years.
My actual weight this morning is 130.2, which means I have officially lost 27 pounds since December 27 and I have 5.2 pounds to go. If my pattern holds and I can keep to the plan, I should lose another pound or two before I fly on Sunday. Then, I will just have to be as careful as possible while on my trip.
I do get questions about how I have been able to lose so much weight seemingly so quickly (though an average of 1.2 pounds per week is not quick in anyone’s book).
This diet is by far the easiest thing I have done:
- I have been eating under 25 grams of net carbs per day and under 1200 calories.
- I weigh everything I can.
- I eat all the time — every hour or so, I am eat a tbsp of nuts or a half ounce of cheese.
- I eat a lot of fat — olive oil, sesame oil, butter.
- I eat onions, peppers, broccoli, and/or spinach at almost every meal.
- I eat 2-4 ounces of protein at every meal.
- I have a huge salad at least once per day with my own vinaigrette (1 tbs oil, 1 tbs acid [vinegar or citrus], 1/4 tsp dijon mustard, and herbs or spices).
- I drink a lot of water and tea (both caffeinated and decaffeinated).
If I lose at the rate of 2 pounds per week, I will hit my goal on June 12.
At 1.5 pounds per week, on June 19.
At 1 pound per week, on June 26.